Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Metamorphosis

A Teenstreet reflection
by Leanne

Metamorphosis. It was only a word that I know. The only thought that comes to my mind when looking at this word is that it means grow. I wouldn’t have know it deeply enough if it wasn’t for Teenstreet.

On 8th December 2006,once again I went as a participant, not forgetting what God had done in my life during the last Teenstreet camp. In fact, it had changed me totally. My faith in God had grew stronger after that. I was grouped into a same net as all the other girls from my own church. I felt proud at myself. After all I had been to this camp before so I know better than them. I was very self-centered then. My focus was on myself instead of God. There were thoughts that bothers and things that keep me worry as well.

As we gather everyday for ‘Metamorphosis’, I learn more and more each day. The main theme of the message was the tree of life and the tree of death. In life there are choices to be made that causes changes as well. Yes, I had been to the wrong way many times, no doubt, but yet God never give up on me. He called me back to Him. He brought me back to the right path. His love for me had never fade.

Again He reminded me of His words. “ Love your neighbors as yourself’. I want to choose to love God, love others and love myself. Being self-centered will only cause me to feel lonely or better than everyone else or even feel afraid. I want to avoid that. I want to be alert about what’s going on around me so that I may also care for others and not just me, myself all the time. With that, I can also get myself focus on the right thing at the right time especially when I should be focusing on God. Not forgetting to put Him first in my life besides all other things. I remembered during one of our net times, the few of us came up with different short and helpful quotes. They are “No matter what, God will be there.” , “Even if I have nothing, I have everything when I have God.” , “ I am not afraid when God is there.” and I shared my favorite quote which is “No matter how bug our problems are, our God is bigger.”.

In order to be changed or transformed, I have to go through this process called ‘Metamorphosis’ which I will grow and change into a better person. Things don’t change just like that. It has to take time just as a butterfly starts as an egg, then a caterpillar, cocoons and breaks out to fly! I want to be transform by God and allow Him to cocoon me and lead me through this process. I pray that I’ll be changed along with all the others too. After all, support and care from others does play a part for us to be able to hold on to what we’ve decided to do. I thank God for my net members throughout the camp and also my coach. They had been really good friends to me, caring for me and sharing with me. Thank all of them as well for their honest sharing during net times. Though Teenstreet had ended, our walk with God still goes on. Let Him cocoon us and transform us in the process.

No comments: