Monday, June 18, 2007

to be or not to be

by Jared.

Beginning of the year, the never-smiling head prefect aptly named Tara, donned her dark, gloomy uniform, and had requested to recruit more students to vigorously train them to become the new predecessor of the prefectorial board.

Yes, me, being an eligible prefect, was elected/nominated. Whopee.

So, I had no intentions of being a prefect whatsoever. My social skills are meh, PR below average, so why was I chosen?

Nevertheless, I went for the interview anyway:

"Hello, Jared."

"Good morning, Tara."

"So, Jared, I've noticed that you don't pay attention during assembly. Why is that?"

"Um, yes because the mike you used was faulty."

"Are you sure?"

"And, um, I was sitting at the back. So, yeah, yeah."

"So Jared, why did you come late?"

"I was at...Cheras."

"Why is that?"

"For sports."

"I see. Well, I guess I, uh, have everything I need from here. Thank you, Jared."

No doubt it was a disaster. I thought I didn't get it. And I didn't go for the announcements because I was ...Cheras. For sports.

But, ironically, I made it. That was very shocking. I thought to myself "Dude, that was a miracle! That was unbelievable! What on earth was that?"

Of course, I could sense the work of God's hand here. Was he calling me to the prefectorial board? That I am not sure, but I will find out after my prefectorial probation.